Thursday, May 13, 2010

Leading Change Requires Internal Change

I used to think opportunity only fell in lucky people's laps, when in reality it follows talented people wherever they go! And I am proud to say I am one of those talented people - don't get me wrong; I trained and worked hard to get where I am, so these are neither hollow words, nor ones drafted from conceit. Rather, these words come from the connection which I have developed between my heart and my head. In massaging that head-to-heart relationship, I have grown from within so that I can lead others ethically, honestly and with enthusiasm. And now I have the opportunity to use my talents in a post positive way.

Through my hard work and training I have the talent, time, and resources to assist educational leaders in both P-12 and higher education to develop their own talents so that we can continue to build better learning systems. In the coming weeks, as we approach the lazy days of summer, I will be busy pouring over volumes of research and commentary from students, teachers, and other educational professionals in our search for clues missed year in and year out that might bring us closer to finding the keys to providing the best learning and teaching methodologies. The Holy Grail of education to put it simply.

Will any of us be successful in this quest? While we may never reach perfection, it is in the journey they we learn the most.

All the best,

Shelly

No comments: